As you grow older, your neck muscles start to weaken, and your skin loses its elasticity. When this happens, you might develop what is commonly known as a “turkey neck,” characterized by wrinkled and sagging skin on the neck.
Having a turkey neck may affect your confidence and make you self-conscious about your age. It may even prevent you from going out and enjoying the things you like. So, it’s ideal that you do something about the saggy skin on your neck.
While there isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution to turkey neck, there are different ways how to remove neck wrinkles at home:
One of the exercises you can do to remove neck lines is the forehead push. To do this exercise, follow these steps:
- Place a hand on your forehead
- Press your head against the palm of your hand using your neck muscles
- Make sure to prevent your head from moving forward
- Hold the position for at least 10 seconds
- Intertwine your hands and place them behind your head
- Push your head backward using your neck and hold for at least 10 seconds
This exercise should help strengthen your neck muscles and prevent them from sagging even more. The forehead push can also help reduce wrinkles and lines on your neck, making it tighter and smoother.
The best way how to get rid of neck lines naturally is to strengthen your neck muscles. Although there are a lot of exercises that can help you achieve this, the hanging-head method is one of the easiest to do.
- Lie on your back on your bed or any other firm surface
- Let your head hang slightly over the edge, and place your arms on your sides
- As you exhale, slowly lift your chin toward your chest
- Hold your head up for a few seconds before relaxing and returning to your starting position
- Repeat the motion at least 10 more times
- Increase the number of repetitions as your neck muscles become stronger over time
By keeping your neck muscles well-exercised, you can help prevent them from sagging even more. With regular practice, you can even see some improvement with your turkey neck.
Another exercise you can do to improve your turkey neck is chewing. Although this is a common action you do while eating, you can improve its effect on your neck muscles by doing the following:
- Sit back straight on a comfortable chair
- Lift your head back and point your chin toward the ceiling
- Make chewing motions with your mouth without opening your lips
- Repeat the motion 20 times
Regularly doing this exercise can strengthen your jaw and neck muscles. After some time, you might notice your neck looking firmer and less saggy.
You can learn how to remove neck wrinkles at home when you try this exercise. You don’t need any fancy equipment to do the chin-firming exercise. All you need is a few minutes of your time:
- Stand or sit comfortably while keeping your shoulder relaxed and facing forward
- Place your lower lip over your upper lift like you’re pouting
- Tilt your head back until you can see the ceiling and feel the sides of your jaw and the front of your neck stretch
- Hold this position for several seconds
- Repeat 10 times and do three sets in a row
You can make this exercise more intense by thrusting your chin upward slightly every time you repeat the motion. This will stretch your jaw and neck muscles even more and improve your turkey neck.
Keep Your Neck Firm and Young
Doing exercises to remove neck lines is a great way to keep your neck looking firm and young. Remember that you have to do these exercises regularly if you want to see results.
However, if you want faster and better results, pair your exercises with a neck cream made especially for wrinkles. This neck cream by Gluta-C will help nourish and hydrate your neck, making it look smoother and more even. With regular use, you can expect to see an improvement in the texture, tone, and overall look of your neck.
Learn more tips to keep your skin looking young by following us on TikTok. We also give out discounts from time to time, so make sure to stay tuned for updates!